Ninja Calf

Anyone who has spent time taking photos or shooting video footage often finds when they get home from a camera outing, a sizable collection of images on their SD card that just missed the mark -- especially action shots. The lighting or exposure may be off, or what would have been "the perfect shot" is blurred or slightly out of focus - soft, as they say. But every now and then, things go just right and the stars align.

Recently I was trying out a new crane that I bought to use with my camera to help capture interesting video images. I'm working on a movie that documents a farm's transition from one calf rearing system to another. While on location, I caught this action of a calf working out some Ninja moves. Few things can put a smile on your face like calves being happy.




If you are interested in equipment, here's what I used: Canon 5D Mark lll camera (with a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L ll USM zoom lens) mounted on a Glide Gear JB4 Quick Jib (crane). This setup was supported and stabilized by a Manfrotto MT055XPRO3 055 aluminum tripod fitted with a Manfrotto MVH500AH fluid video head. Editing software: Adobe Premiere Pro